Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stephanie and Self-Control

What a weekend I had...After testing my self-control at a party (with junk food), I would give myself an F. Not for "Failure" but for "Fearful". After being in an environment with chicken wings, nacho dip, chips, chocolates, meatballs, etc. I couldn't hold myself back from trying everything in my sight. I paid the price at 5:00am where I was woken up to my stomach rejecting the insane amount of unneccessary food I ate. This is when I realized that my body is trying to tell me something. Moderation is the key to success and has always been a challenge for me. I'm wondering what I could have done differently to help myself resist the temptation of all of the tasty goodness.... Here's what I came up with:
- sit farther away from the snacks
- talk more, eat less
- drink more, eat less (non-alcholic drinks - that's another story...haha)
- eat before I go so I will eat less
and finally,
- think about my 5:00am meeting with the "porcelain throne"
So, that's why I'm fearful of my next test with the lovely treats..I guess it's always good to come in with a game-plan or strategy for the next challenge.
I did however, get up at 9:00am (still squeamish) and go to UFIT to sweat out the chicken wings and dips. It worked and I felt a lot better about myself after!

Fitness log:
Saturday night - Sunday morning UFIT = no loss/no benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment