Monday, March 8, 2010

Do UFIT?

On a serious note: My best friend lost her father to cancer yesterday. A battle that he had been fighting for a long time. It amazes me the resilience and determination this man had. Just when many people would count him out - he would bounce back and look as young and vibrant as ever. Cancer is such a frustrating disease - I pray that everyone who is dealing with this finds strength within themselves to keep fighting and families find courage to have hope.

Do UFIT?
UFit is one of my favorite forms of exercise. The large class sizes, high energy, great music, enthusiastic instructors and $5 drop in fee - makes a perfect combination for me. UFit is challenging (high impact cardio, station work) but rewarding. The very first few times I went it took everything inside me NOT to smile the whole time - I never knew that exercise could be so fun!
Last Friday - March 5th - the Synchro girls, coaches and Mike went to UFIT as our pool time/gym program was cancelled. What a great experience for all of these girls as I could hear many giggles behind me (I told myself they were looking at someone else...haha), lots of sweating and smiles. We all had so much fun and we were....exercising....imagine! Many of the girls now want to make it a weekly routine to go.
When Mike and I first got together I would complain severely every time we would go to the gym - my muscles were sore, I was getting sick, I didn't have the 'right' clothing, and the complaints went on.. Now I look at exercise as something that helps me and that I WANT to do.
UFIT is designed so that any age, size, fitness level can do it. The hardest part about it is to get yourself to go that first time - after that I guarantee it will be something that you start to crave - for lots of reasons.

Fitness log:

Yesterday - nothing.....

1 comment:

  1. Thaanks for the encouraging words Steph because we are all faced with this horrible disease in some way or form and we do need to continue to find that strength and courage to move from day to day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete