Monday, May 24, 2010

Vegas Vacation


This last week I was on a whirlwind Vegas Vacation. As I did not 'schedule' exercise into my week - there was no lack of it. I walked, did more walking and walked some more that I'm sure my feet, legs, hips will never be the same. The interesting part of this vacation was that my body didn't hurt AS much as my last trip to Philly. In better shape? Possibly. Muscles loose/limber? Maybe. It's really hard to say WHY I didn't feel the pain as much. Our week consisted of the following:
Day 1 - 23.5hours of travel to Vegas (gotta love flying on points), crash in bed upon arrival
Day 2 - Touring the strip in flip flops (not a good idea) = walking for 5 hours, death defying NYork, NYork rollercoaster, Blue Man group
Day 3 - Shopping from dusk till dawn = walking all day
Day 4 - Shopping in the morning, bowling tourney in the afternoon (ie. weight lifting - those balls are HEAVY), birthday party evening
Day 5 - Touring the strip = walking, Cirque du Soleil "O" show evening, body rejecting the food, walking, and occasional cocktail - night
Day 6 - Wedding dress shopping and purchasing, Touring the strip = walking, ice bar & shark reef afternoon, Cirque du Soleil show "KA" evening, touring the strip night, possible sighting of "the Situation" from Jersey Shore at MGM - check!
Day 7 - Touring the strip = walking, Megan's birthday party and Limo Party Bus tour night, pass out for 5hours to fly home
Day 8 - Airports, airports, airports!
It was a fantastic week and although I did not do any formal training, I did do some excellent cross training - speed walking to catch the nightly shows (couldn't get the timing right for arrival), occasionally dancing and walking (anything goes in Vegas), heart rate elevation at possibly winning a "jackpot" at the Hot Hot Super Jackpot slot machines and lots of weight lifting - Bath and Body Works purchases, bowling balls, drinks, chili covered nachos - haha.
Now back to the Grind........ Training to resume on Wednesday - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment