Friday, May 14, 2010

-2 weeks + Level 2/3 = A Whole Lotta Shaking Going On!

Last night after returning from a 2 week break from pole dancing I entered the 2nd week of Level 2/3. As the format has changed from Level 1 - I was sent on a whirlwind of hip rolls, cat spirals, new stretches and spins. I thought I might as well "Just Do It" and so I began.....
We started with arms overhead shifting hips side to side. Level 2/3 moves love the hand travelling so let's just say the arms didn't stay overhead too long. We then started mini hip rolls into figure 8 pattern (arms travelling) and then big hip rolls into figure 8 pattern. As we were trying to jam lots of moves into this class there was no time for rest. We then started our new model walk from one end to the other and if that wasn't enough we added in a full turn 1/2 way through the walk. After a couple of walks back and forth and a change in song we did another walk where we switched to backwards walking with a slight leg kick out (as if we were wearing a skirt)... interesting. We then model walked to the wall - marked our territory and started travelling figure 8 hip rolls (travelling = squating) for a count of 8, couple sexy squats and then peeled off to the mat work. By this time I was working up a sweat and my head was spinning from all the new moves. We switched up the mat work which gave the quads quite a work out (slow pony moves) and then we were ready for the pole. At this point, my leg muscles were quivering and so I was feeling slightly unsteady on my feet. Good thing it wasn't heels night! We learned 3 new spins (diamond, ballerina, chair, and diamond/chair combo) and much to my dismay we learned the grip for inversion lifts (upside down....). There was so much going on that I had no choice but to be sexy and focused. I didn't hurt thinking about the PCDolls lounge in Vegas either as it allowed me to channel my inner doll. Becs had some issues with her hand grip so put a gel like substance on her hands that acted like glue - it was quite a sight seeing her mid diamond spin stuck floating in the air....Yes, it happened - true story!

No comments:

Post a Comment