Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lulu, I love you....



Lululemon may be expensive and a novelty to some but to me it is more of a staple to daily life. I always make a point to hit the lulu stores when I'm away to add to my collection. Yes a pair of pants generally run at about $98 or a hoodie at $89 but the feeling of my body in the clothing is priceless. To date, I have the following lulu items:
- white hoodie
- black tight pants
- black relaxed fit pants
- black shorts
- grey jacket
- pink tank top
- grey capris
- green pants
- waterbottle
and my last most recent inspiring purchase - black running tights...ahhh:) As I perused the new Vegas shop - I was kindly greeted by a sales associate that was vibrant, fit, pleasant asking if I needed help. Knowing that I was going to purchase something to add to my collection - I asked for running tights. She then brought me these hideous looking black tights (picture spandex riding pants - enough saddle bag to do anyone)... I was momentarily disappointed in this lulu followers choice until she said that these tights "may look weird "(understatement) but they will lift your bottom, tighten your inner thighs and will not trap sweat. Basically, miracle tights. Sold! I went to the change room and within a minute had experienced the joy of compression wear. I came out with a spring to my step that I've never felt in my life. As I would bend my knees they would immediately spring forward making me 'want to' run. I didn't want to take them off. I was energized and motivated to workout. I thanked the sales associate perfusely for introducing me to the compression world and quickly went to the counter to purchase my new equipment. Yes, when you are wearing compression wear you can call it 'equipment'. It was unreal how excited I was to purchase these new tights.
Lululemon can also be considered a lifestyle. Lulu has a manifesto that would inspire or make anyone 'think'. I've also always loved the inspiring sayings on the sides of the reuseable bags. Do one thing a day that scares you. Stress is related to 99% of all illness. Children are the orgasm of life. Friends are more important than money. Your outlook on life is a direct reflection on how much you like yourself. Sweat once a day. Mr/Ms Lululemon, you're a genious!
The moral of this story is - clothing can help motivate you. If you look good, you feel good. Sometimes it is worth splurging for the specialty items. Sometimes the specialty items will give back - confidence, life lessons (lululemon bags), and lots of wear. I've had my first pair of lululemons since 2002 and still continue to wear them daily. They may be starting to look a tad tattered but they still make me feel good. Lulu, I love you - <3

Check out the Goaltender website at lululemon: http://goals.lululemon.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment