Monday, January 31, 2011

Staying Positive Through Challenging Times


It's becoming hard.....really hard to find the inspiration to write anything these days.  As I've been suffering with a chest cold (have a constant sensation of needing to cough), sore hip (hurts to sit/stand/walk), lack of energy - I've been dragging myself around TRYING to stay 'up' and motivated.  These are the times where all of my hard work of  living with positivity and purpose is challenged.  This week, it feels as if everything's gone to the shi**er....

Lately, I've been waking up and wishing I could stay in bed.  My system feels taxed and I'm feeling as if everything is a chore.  Blow drying hair - who cares?, Makeup - like I need it..., Picking out clothes - why don't I just wear the same thing?,  Chores - what are chores?.  I'm surprised that Mike's as patient with me as he is.  I must admit, this is definitely one of the most challenging times I've had in a long time. 

What happened to feeling like a million bucks?  I only wish I knew....

As I walk around in a haze, I try to see the positive things that have happened in my life lately...  Let's see..... (this may take a while)...

-- I've received encouraging text messages (2 days ago) from 2 of my bestest friends.  These messages were like air to me.  They made me smile and feel refreshed.

--  Thankfully, work has been qu**t.  I've been able to get a lot of work done and reflect.

--  My chest cold/cough is not keeping me up at night.  I've been able to sleep like a baby for the past few nights.

--  I've graduated into Level 5 pole dancing.  I get to do routines EVERY class and see myself getting stronger.

--  I had the pleasure of having 1 on 1 training in CrossFit this morning.  I was the only person who showed up to Basics and at CrossFit 1 person is considered a class.  I got to work on my 'Goats' which was great!

-- My mom worked on my hip yesterday and relieved some of the pain.  It's great to have a Physio as a mom.

--  I've been making great progress in the wedding planning/organization.  I have a great group of people supporting me and I'm enjoying every minute of this engagement.

--  I'm not as sick as many people I know.  I really shouldn't complain.  I've got it good!

So, throughout the rest of this week I am choosing to 'push through'.  I will keep going to bed at 8:00pm if I need to.  I will keep resisting the urge to eat everything I shouldn't.  I will focus on what I have then what's holding me back. 

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."  Leo Tolstoy

2 comments:

  1. It's called winter Steph, and it sucks.

    Randy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randy ~ I need an IV drip of Vitamin D for a pick me up....:)

    ReplyDelete