Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 - New Year, New Challenges, New Opportunities

I'm sooo excited it's 2011.  I love starting a new year and I always think This is going to be MY year... 

2010 was a year that I accomplished a lot.  First thing that comes to mind was my 1/2 marathon.  Still can't believe I finished that.  Second thing is how I lived out of my comfort zone (for the most part) -  Tried new things, challenged myself and reflected on my tries and triumphs. 

 So what's next for 2011?

This year I am devoting to health.  I want to live and be healthy.  I want to feel energized, fit, balanced and focused. 

I recently started this "health" journey, after going to a naturopathic doctor (to assist me with a diagnosed case of almost infertility.....another story for next time), by eliminating sucrose from my diet and reducing caffiene.  And I thought quitting smoking was hard....Sugar and caffiene withdrawl (double whammy) is like nothing I've experienced before.  For 3 days I was in a haze.  Headachy, blurred vision, blah and feeling unmotivated, I just survived.  Day 4, well - a new story all together.  Feel like a million bucks.  I am back to loving life and feeling 'human' again.

Throughout this withdrawl phase, I attended my first Acupunture appointment.  I am commited to this to help get my body back to a balanced and natural state.  This was a positive experience and I left feeling quite relaxed.  I slept like a baby that night - well, once I got off work at 4am... I plan to continue these treatments for a few months. 

The next part of my 'health' journey this week was attending an infrared sauna to detox.  As I didn't know  what to expect - I left feeling refreshed, thirsty (but did drink a waterbottle full) and relaxed.  I'm pretty sure I dropped 5lbs of water weight while I was in for 50mins. :)  The poor little sauna room reeked of chlorine - another way Synchro has given back to the Community.

I intend to focus on sleep as well.  Doing shift work is tough enough but running on 3hours sleep and then trying to work again that night is insane.  I recently heard the quote:
"Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
Point Made.

I am trying to meditate (when I think of it) as well.  I've never really understood HOW to meditate.  Maybe if I keep trying it will just come to me.  I recently saw on Doctor OZ (trend developing here..:) ) Deepak Chopra talking about meditation.  He suggested you ask yourself  "Who am I?"  "What do I want?", etc.  without trying to answer the questions.  Interesting.  I will try Deepak.

And of course I will continue my weekly workouts.  I was super pumped at my last Crossfit class as I improved by 30secs in a workout after a month of 'training'.  Thank God I had a measurable improvement!  I needed that!











No comments:

Post a Comment