Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Feeling Like a Million Bucks

This is day 9 of my newest health journey - no sugar, no caffeine, a fist full of vitamins every morning, nasty tasting herb liquid I have to take 2x daily, temperature reading in the morning, having blood taken, acupuncture, sauna and the list goes on....

This change in lifestyle/schedule has not come without side effects.... Overwhelmed, Tired (lack of caffeine:( ), being constantly 'on the go' (old life meeting new life = not going to work), it's becoming difficult.  Can't count the amount of times this week (so far, it's Wednesday) I said "You'll have to get someone else to do it, I'm maxed out".  This change is definitely a blessing!

After my first acupuncture appointment I felt "like a million bucks".  Energetic, calm, happy - It was awesome.  I went into my second appointment today and told the Doc how great I felt.

Me "Man, after my 1st appointment I felt like a million bucks"
Doc "haha, well maybe I should start charging a million"
Me "Good one...Good one"  (He's a funny guy:) )
Doc "So what does a Million Bucks feel like"
Me "Like myself but even better - with drawl from coffee gone, energetic, happy, you know - awesome!"

Regardless if this helps my endocrine system regulate, I almost want to keep going on a regular basis.  Today, lying on the bed with needles sticking out of my extremeties, I practiced my meditation and then fell asleep.  1 hour of uninterrupted, peace - ahhhh, it was good.

I have become addicted to checking my blackberry - well - every minute as I have so many messages/emails coming in that I'm overwhelmed if I don't.  The downfall is that I haven't been 'present' at home (at all) in my days off.  It's a shame really.... Thank Gosh Mike is patient.  So throughout the hour of acupuncture I couldn't check the blackberry and it felt great.  At the end of the hour I had 2 missed calls, 1 voicemail and 10 unread messages.  Oh well, it was a great hour!

So maybe I should reassess the "million buck feeling" and take some more time to myself and put away the blackberry for a hour here and there.  Hmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment