Sunday, January 16, 2011

Project Fertile


It's something that many people keep to themselves.
Fertility.

I've recently been made aware that I have a fertility issue. I used to refer to it as my 'hormone problem' as I used that answer to a lot of questions.

Someone:  "Stephanie, why aren't you drinking?"  Me "My hormone problem" Someone:  "Stephanie, what's wrong" Me:  "Nothing, just my hormone problem". 

It wasn't until a few weeks that I got some answers to my pesky mood swings.  Drumroll please.............

Premature Ovarian Failure.

Yes, that's right - I'm on the slippy slope to menopause.  EEEK! 
I hope by writing about this, someone out there will find comfort in knowing that I'm going through early menopause.  :) haha

With this diagnosis comes a gammit of problems - the fertility doc says I need to start having babies ASAP but will need assistance via in vitro.   This news brought a flood of emotions to the surface - anxiety, fear, sadness in the urgency the Doc presented.   Glad I took the day off work as my 'hormone problem' was in full swing after that appointment!

This is the reason I'm on an aggressive - kickstart my endrocrine system program - so that I can avoid (by hopefully lowering my FSH levels) in vitro.  I really am not ready to become pregnant before my wedding.  Pahleeaase!

This premature ovarian failure could have been caused by actions/reactions from my past:
- Looonnnngggg consecutive years on the BCP
- Smoking for years while on the BCP
- Stress for consecutive years
- Bad diet for consecutive years
- Years of being exposed to chemicals
- Mother Nature or Fate
I would say it's a combination of them all or the last - Fate

In the spirit of this blog - I'm excited for the seeittryit portion of this journey.  Yes, I've had a lot of 1st's in the past few weeks and tried some modern therapies.  This is exciting and overwhelming to me.  I'm so glad I found out about this BEFORE I was completely infertile and after I've shifted my lifestyle (past 3 years) to a healthier - self-respecting outlook and I'm glad that I have an amazing partner who is 100% supportive and comforting to me....Wait till I count my blessings......

So, what's next? 
More blood work
More Infrared Sauna appointments
More acupuncture
More exercise
More no sugar, reduced caffiene diet
More meditating
More rest
More balance
More Positive....

Easy eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment