Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The "Real" Moksha Yoga


Mike and I had tried and practiced Moksha Yoga last spring in anticipation for the new studio to be built on Prince Street. What a treat it was yesterday to finally experience the 'real' Moksha Yoga. In a room heated to approx 45 degrees celcius, Mike and I were glad we went early to adjust to the heat. Laying in shavashna for approx 15mins, I - at first - was not sure how the 60min class would go (feeling hot and clammy). I was pleasantly surprised to see Mike laying still and calm for the entire 15mins. As my eyes darted around the room, he was in a coma like state beside me. I could tell I hadn't practiced in a while as I had a hard time centering myself.
So then it began....In the 1st 5mins I could feel myself sweating at a rate I haven't sweated (not sure that's a word) before. I soon relaxed and had this pain-free, loose feeling all over my body. I could feel myself detoxifying and lengthening. By minute 20 - I was dripping sweat at a fast rate and as I held downward dog the water streamed into my nostrils giving me the "water up the nose" sensation. I look around and everyone was breathing hard and sweaty just like me. As we went into the pidgeon pose, I was bombarded with sweat in my eyes (Goggles and noseplug would have been nice). By minute 60 I felt better than I ever had before. I understood the concept of hot yoga and appreciated the blissful feeling I had. What an amazing experience.
The rest of the day I felt awesome - skin was soft and smooth, hair shiny, muscles loose and energy high!
I intend to practice hot yoga for september (unlimited sessions for $40 - steal) and probably continue on for the winter. It is so refreshing and awesome that I could be on the verge of addicted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment