Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stephanie - 1


Yes it's true - Rebecca has moved....Noooooooo.......!!!!

I feel as though I've lost my left arm, we've become so close over the past year that it's hard to believe that I won't get to see her daily, train, laugh and joke and just 'know' she's there. I miss you already Becs!

Yesterday was my 1st run with Becs gone. I initially decided to do a 16k but as I started going, I realized that I had bit off more than I could chew for the day. Without Becs' constant 'aches and pains' groans beside me, all I had to focus on was my own aches/pains. I didn't realize how beneficial it was for me to have her suffering beside me (sorry becs, it's true). I solely focused on her during the runs and that was good for me. So, as I got to about 6kms I knew that it was only a 10k day. I was slightly dissapointed that my mind took over and I couldn't refocus but I also knew that I was doing hot yoga 1.5hours later and needed to hydrate before. I made it through the rest of the run and with every step (I know, dramatic!) it became a reality that my training partner was gone:(

After the run as I went home to prepare for Yoga, the doorbell rang. I pranced to the front door thinking it was Mike coming home from swimming. I opened the door and much to my dismay 2 girls were standing there....
"So, you're a biker?" Girl
"Well, I guess you could say that" Me
"Have you ever considered the Kingdom that is talked about in the Lord's Prayer" Girl
At this point I knew... Jehovah's Witnesses... I made a concious choice to listen, have an open mind, respect them and try to understand what they're doing...
"No, not really" Me (so insightful, haha)
Erin (JW, as she introduced herself) then read me a scripture about the Kingdom... to inspire me, I guess...
"Well, that's nice Erin" Me
"You know, Armageddon IS coming" Erin
"Well, that's just great..." Me (to me Armageddon has already occured - BOTH sisters are GONE)
"Have you ever thought of the end of the world" Erin
"No, I try not to think of the end of the world" Me
"Well there will be peace and you don't have to be scared" Erin
This conversation went on for approx 10mins. I was enlightened by Scripture readings and wisdom. I respected them and felt good about that. I don't fully understand their method to 'door to door' teachings/recruitment but "whatever floats your boat".
In the spirit of seeittryit - I tried listening and not avoiding, can't say that I was inspired enough to join along and I did give a 'shout out' to my Protestant religion.

This weekend was great - swimming, running, yoga, hanging out with Mike and 2 great movies. Life is good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment