Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Marco?......Polo!


I spent this past weekend camping with my best friend, her husband and 2 kids at Marco Polo Land in Cavendish. What a wonderful weekend! From the beautiful weather, awesome kids, good food and conversation - I couldn't ask for more.

It's been a while since I've got to see my God Children - what a difference in them - I can't believe the 3 yr old boy. He has an awesome personality, can talk in full sentences and can crack jokes with the best of them. The 7 year old girl is growing too fast - independent, inquisitive, thoughtful and getting soooo tall.

Marco has lots to offer for families and kids. In the spirit of being a great God mother and true to my "seeittryit" lifestyle - I went on the Jumping Pillow, not once but approx 15-20x. Thinking it could be a relaxing time jumping up and down, playing with the kids - my eyes soon opened as I realized that we were literally "popping popcorn kernels". Thighs burning, puffing and panting - the look of me flailing around was enough to get any child laughing. It was FUN!

The rest of the weekend consisted of a corn boil, swimming and playing Marco Polo, running, walking, lounging, and 'taking it all in'. The only thing missing was Mike - he would have had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment