Saturday, April 3, 2010

Third Time's NOT A Charm - Pole Dancing

I managed to make my pole dancing class on Thursday (got off work early) as I raced down to the class, changed quickly and got right down to business - my head must not have been attached. From the awkward hair flipping (no, hair wasn't down) to the 'sharp' and not 'smooth' turns and back arches...nothing seemed to come easy to me. I thought I may be able to redeem myself once we got to the routine but that ended up being a disaster!
I started with my back to the audience ( at 1 point while she was adjusting the song volume I even thought I might add a first pose) and right from the sexy walk to the back wall, I just couldn't get my groove. All of my moves were mechanical and stiff and then we got to the pole spins.......
On thursday we learned a new 'back' spin that in theory is not that difficult...looks difficult but if you just let yourself go it's almost natural. The first spin in the routine was the trusty fireman's spin.. I was counting out my moves (again - trying to redeem myself from the outrageous first part of class) inside, outside, and just at the point where to spinning should happen I fell flat on my butt. The instructor and Bec kept going with their routine as I tried to brush it off and keep gain my composure. At the point of the second spin I was cautiously optimistic that this would go well..again, counting out my steps - inside, outside, leg up and crash...another failed attempt. By the end of the routine I was discouraged and blurted out "well that sucked!". The instructor was quick to say - "but did you have fun?"...
I guess in hindsight it was fun - at the time I was discouraged as I just wanted to show improvement and get the moves....
Better luck next time!

The next day, after getting out of the shower - I noticed evidence all over my legs of my failed routine - inside legs bruised and shins marked up....

Fitness Log:
Thursday - pole dancing
Friday - running
Saturday, today - biking

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun steph! You can give us a show for the summer party!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete