Sunday, April 18, 2010

Training VS Exercising

This week, I'd like to say I was 'in training'. I had an excellent week on the pavement and brought calm and tranquility back into my life by going to Yoga. I couldn't ask for more - The body felt great, I had a spring in my step and a clear head. Having set a goal for the PEI Marathon has brought a new sense of purpose to me. It's a different mindset of thinking that I'm "in training" and not just exercising because I have to. This week mother nature brought wind, snow, rain and overcast skies and yes, I was running through it all. Rebecca and I met for 2 training sessions both which brought sh**ty weather but also brought out the competitor in us.
I would like to say that at the end of this journey to the marathon, that I gave it my all and persevered at times when I would have quit before. I have started to noticed some changes in my body. I can see a mini bump on my legs (others would call it a quadricep), I have started to notice a hint of a collarbone and when I run I can't feel my stomach 'jiggle' anymore. Not scientific/specific measurements but areas that mean something to me. I can stand up straight without effort and feel a sense of confidence when I walk around. I haven't weighed myself and don't plan on it. I would just like to see a little more room in my jeans, my jacket zip up easier and possibly get back to wearing more fitted clothing. That's all....
So, for now on - I'm going to set specific fitness goals for myself and 'train' to achieve them. Rebecca and I have also decided to sign up for Level 2/3 pole dancing as it's been a liberating time for us and I plan on (after the synchro season) starting regular kettlebell classes and stick with Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment