Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Don't Cha?

What does a Tuesday morning in April at 6:00am look like? Well, this morning I got to find out as Rebecca and I rescheduled our 530pm to a 630am run as we both had other commitments. As I woke to the 5am wake up call of Mike coming home from his night shift - I contemplated getting up and starting the day even earlier than needed. That soon passed and I got up at my scheduled time of 600am. At this time, it is starting to get bright, frost on the windows of your car, crisp air and calm surroundings. I rifled through my laundry basket (note to self: put out clothes the night before), had a blueberry apple sauce cup and some mouthfuls of water, threw on a winter hat and spring jacket and headed out the door. As the air hit me, I realized that I was awake and about to go running outside - training plan: 2mins run, 1min walk, longer route. I fired up the car, turned on the heated seats and popped in an upbeat CD for morning inspiration. As none of my CD's are labeled - it's the luck of the draw. The first song that came on was Pussycat Dolls - "Don't cha?".. I know - SOOO 2008 but it's a great uplifting song...

Just think:
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't chaaaa, Don't chaaaaa.....
Insert more Don't Cha's....
I know I'm on your mind
I know we'll have a good time
I'm your friend
I'm fun
And I'm fine
I aint lying
Look at me, you aint blind - and repeat 2x
(Add random "Z snaps" - as you see fit - my suggestion is at "And I'm fine" and "you ain't blind". Imagine yourself running with these lyrics in your head...Fool proof method:)

It was a great start to my day - I felt energized and ready to take on the world. And now maybe a nap......

Fitness Log:
Yesterday - stretching
Today - running/walking, appointments, Yoga

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AaLO-I_A74 - see you in Vegas PCD!



No comments:

Post a Comment