Thursday, April 8, 2010

"The Fall Frolic?"

On Tuesday night my sister and I took advantage of the nice evening (aside from the hideous head wind) and went for our 2nd training session for the Marathon. As we started our warm up with 5mins brisk walking - it took everything we had to make it up the incline at Queen Elizabeth Dr due to the gale force winds. But hey, we're tough and when you're 'in training' you have to train in adverse conditions so you're prepared for anything. As we continued our 1min run, 2min walk routine we started picking up our pace and decided on a longer route. I'm really enjoying sweating out all the days stresses and getting the blood pumping. We discussed the possibility of the 1/2 marathon and after contemplating the close to 2 hour run we thought it could be a possibility. When you think of it 2 hours would be 1min running 120 times. I'm sure if Moya and Cheryl can do 108 sun salutes for the winter solstice, I can up the anty and do 120 low knees for the fall frolic..(yes and I am the 'queen' of cheese..). Who knows - I thought it may be exhilarating to hear Kerri-Wynne call out my name as I cross the finish line - "and coming in next we have bib number ... Stephanie Gee from Winsloe, PEI" and then a participation medal with the alien tin foil - icing on the cake.

Tonight I had my fourth pole dancing class and I must say I meant bizness! I had rhythm, I had the flow but I also had a lot of attitude. I'm soo used to being crisp and accurate with my movements when coaching that I can't seem to 'loosen up'. I know that's hard to believe (haha) but when someone asks me to do a high kick - I do it. When the instructor wants me to body roll - hell - I body roll. I give it 100% because that's what she's asking but sometimes it can be a bit much. The class had an interesting feel to it as the instructor (or myself, not sure which one yet) opened or left the door open. So the whole time I was thinking - is the door REALLY open? Is my coworker dropping off his little girl at 6:30pm going to see my pole wrapping bootie slap..? At one point, I convinced myself that it wasn't open, just LOOKED open. hmmmm..... I was so impressed with myself at the end of the class that I had pulled it together tonight. I definitely give myself an "A" for effort!

Fitness Log:
Tuesday - 25mins run/walk
Thursday - 1hour pole dancing
Tomorrow - work, work, work

No comments:

Post a Comment