Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thank You


My 30th Birthday was August 11th and I'm still enjoying the side effects of being born. This past 2 weeks have been filled with laughter, fun, love, reminiscing, friends, family and generosity. It's overwhelming for me to think of all of the Happy Birthday wishes, dinners, cards, gifts, and time people have devoted to celebrating my special milestone. From the bottom of my love filled heart - THANK YOU!

Birthday's (0-29) used to be a day where I would have expectations. I would expect that I would hear from certain people, I would expect that people would give me gifts, I would expect a certain 'feeling' on my birthday, I would expect to have people drop everything and spend time with me. Selfish - I know.... and not the 'good' selfish. This is why I decided to, for my 30th, have no expectations. I planned (with the help of Mike) a camping trip because I like to camp. I didn't 'advertise' my birthday for weeks before (just in case people would forget) and didn't 'ask' for anything in particular for gifts. The energy I put out for this birthday had to be positive as I've felt the most special I have in my life. I like it... I love it! I had an awesome birthday dinner with my family, spent time with a special friend at dinner, had a relaxing fun evening with friends for dinner/show (Thank you to my best friend for organizing it!), enjoyed a wonderful supper/time and chatting with Mike's family and look forward to dinner with another friend next week. Who could ask for more?

Well, I can't...

No comments:

Post a Comment