Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Infertility Schemility

2 months ago I was given the diagnosis of premature ovarian failure and was lead to believe that on this date, February 15th I would 'probably' have to start in vitro.

Pfft!  Not likely!

I woke this morning with an unsettling feeling due to weather that my 'big' appointment may be cancelled.  Thankfully - if Doctor's can make it to the office they're more than likely going to be open for patients.  Mike and I arrived 5 mins late (due to whiteout conditions) and waited in the waiting room for 40mins.  Well this is just great!  I thought Can't be good news.... (had the irrational anxiety).  

We were taken in to the room, waited another 15mins and I could hear the Doctor saying "Well Ok then" outside the room.   Psyching yourself up Doc?  I thought.   As she came into the room and reviewed my file, the look of disbelief and shock came over her face.  "Stephanie" , she said "Your levels went down to 9.3!  WOW! ".

Rewind 2 months.........

In December my levels were considered extreme at 14.2 for a woman my age.  Throughout the 2 months my hope was that it would go down OR stay the same as normal is between 6 and 8.

I was told that my level is probably worse than the reading given as I was on the BCP.

I was told that I would have to be very aggressive if I want to have a child.

Present day....

Mike and I looked at each other in disbelief.  The Doc then went on to let us know that I would be monitored through blood work for a couple of months but with this amazing decrease she can't see any reason why I won't be at normal range within this month.  Probably already am as my last blood test was Feb 4th.  She said to stick with whatever I'm doing as it must be working..... She isn't aware of what I've been doing.

I went to the naturopathic doctor, Gretchen MacLean, who gave me hope and 'a plan'.

I went to the acupuncturist, Daniel Schulman,  who made me laugh and reassured me that my system would kickstart.

I detoxed through the infrared sauna.

I refused sugary treats and breads.

I believed that I could make a difference and trusted that my body would respond.

I asked for support and reached out to people.  Prayers and positive energy can do wonderful things.

I got more rest and 'tried' to balance my time.

So now it's all up to fate and 'what's meant to be'.  Mike and I will still have obstacles ahead and that's ok.




2 comments: