Thursday, December 2, 2010

Goats

WOW!  What a busy month!  It was such a nice surprise to have a 'reminder' message from my best friend asking - "Where are the blogs?"  AND mentioning "You're on the decline...."

This is why.

November started off with my Bawston Getaway, from there life took hold with synchro/work/pole dancing/yoga into a quick trip to Ottawa for a High Performance Summit then a weekend coaches conference and now staff party preparations....Whew.....

This past Monday Mike, Alyson and myself started the Basics Group at CrossFit PEI.  We are doing 3 mornings a week trying to grasp the concepts of Squats, Dead Lifts, Shoulder Press, Pull Ups, Box Jumps and the list goes on.

The first class the instructor (after our workout) started teaching us how to do a kipping motion (hanging from bar, swinging) to gain momentum to do a pull up.  He told us to do 3 swings and then attempt to pull ourselves up using our momentum.

So here's how it went for me.

1, 2, 3 and pull... and Nothing.  Nope. Notta. Zilch - didn't budge BUT did get a laugh (from myself).

During my second class the instructor asked us to work on our "Goats".  Alyson and I looked at each other, then around the room wondering "What is the Goat exercise?".  We noticed some guys doing hand stand push ups, 1 guy working on his pull ups, Mike getting dead lift instruction and so we then decided to work on our pull ups again - but this time with a band to assist us.  Glad I didn't ask what the "Goat" exercise was as Mike informed me after class that it means 'weakness'.....  Oh dear......

I'm super excited for the next fitness chapter and to slowly watch myself become more and more fit.  I'm also still doing my pole dancing and starting a routine next week.  Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment