Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 3, Woe Is Me...

Monday morning, after a quiet, restful weekend (in bed early at 9pm Saturday & Sunday nights) - I wake up at 5:50am to start week 3 at CrossFit.  Anxious to get back at 'er, I gear up, text Alyson with my morning "Wakey, Wakey!  See you soon!" message, grab a bite and off I go.

I walk into the gym, take off my coat and hear Smash then immediately after "Everyone 20 Burpees".  I continue to put on my sneakers thinking Glad I just got here and then hear "Stephanie, you too!

Stephanie, Welcome to Week 3

The theme of this week so far is an overwhelming mental challenge.  As we are learning a great deal of skills and techniques in a short period of time - the push press, shoulder press, front squats, air squats, walking lunge, kettlebell swings are all starting to run together.  As are also learning cleans, jerks (Hey, who you calling a jerk...., I usually think to myself..haha), snatches, snitches, critches (oh no, that's just my back)leans....AHHH....I am filled to the brim. 

Yesterday, as we are starting our workout readying ourselves in the walking lunge line, myself and a group of 4 others were still trying to process the workout instructions:
"Ok, so it's 10 front squats, 8 ring dips, 10 walking lunges"...As others are debating "No, it's 10 front squats, 6 ring dips and 10 walking lunges..." Then the instructor yells "GO" I start realizing, I may not be alone in my state of confusion.

I can see some progress in my technique in some areas and am frustrated with others.  I am now able to hang from the bar for more than 5 secs, I can almost get my toes to the bar while hanging (shout out to Alyson who is a machine at toes to bar!!!), I am able to squat and not die after a couple BUT I still have a looooonnnngggg way to go. 

As I texted Al this morning:  "Great job, your patience and persistence will pay off"....Maybe I should take my own advice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment