Monday, December 6, 2010

Taking a Turn...

Stephanie Meet Pukey - the Crossfit Mascot....

This morning's workout was like nothing I've EVER felt before.  The feeling of digging deep and pushing myself to a limit that I didn't know existed was satisfying yet humbling.

I guess when I usually workout I stop before I get TOO tired or challenged.  Maybe this is why I like working out so much....?  Possibly..

This morning we started with Round 1 - Tabata Squats - 20secs work, 10secs rest 6x (usually do 8 rounds but I guess the instructor was going 'easy' on us). Note: By the end of this my legs were jello. Next, Round 2- we went into learning the basics of the Sumo deadlift high pull (pictured above) with a 25 pound bar.  As we were about to start the workout, the instructor says "if you would like 10 pound weights to add grab them over here".  Alyson and I look at eachother, the rest of the room getting the 10pound weights and decided - What the hey.... 

As the workout started, a feeling of burning (lungs), muscle weakness (legs, arms), nausea (stomach), blurred vision (eyes) came upon me like never before.  We alternated between pushups and Sumo DHP 4 sets of 7 each and then had a 90 sec rest.  Throughout my 90secs rest - I was bent over, gasping for air and trying not to 'meet the mascot' over the floor.  And then it was Round 3...

By this time I knew I was taking a turn to uncertain street....Uncertain if I could finish this workout without vomiting, uncertain if I could hold up my end of the weight as I was partnered with Alyson.  And then the instructor said "GO".  With no choice I did it. 

At the end of class I was having an outer body experience. Trembling from head to toe I left thinking "Good Morning Monday, this is going to be a great week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment