Friday, June 4, 2010

The Vision Board Experiment


I first heard about doing a vision board on one of Oprah's Live your best Life shows. At this time, the "Laws of Attraction" phenomenon was booming and "The Secret" had emerged and helped many with the concepts of stating intentions and putting them out there into the universe. At that time (early 2008) I decided to do my own vision board but instead of doing a board, I decided to do a scribbler or vision diary per say. I was feeling alone (living on my own, single, unsure of the future) and still trying to 'find my way'.
Just recently, I was reading up on some of my favorite blogs and one blogger was talking about doing a vision board. I decided to pull out my diary (hadn't looked at it in a year or more - frankly forgot about it) and was shocked at what I saw. The first page of the diary had words that inspire me and things I want to be/do in my life. Some examples were:

Passion, Balance, health, adventure, love, excitment, fun, peace, success, gratitude, companionship, dedication, risks, family, spirit, - I believe

Then the next page (2) had pictures of calm, tranquil places - 2 people laughing - "Live your Best Life" quote

Page 3 - Wedding picture, ring

Page 4 - Female running, fit looking woman

Page 5 - Picture of Vegas

Page 6 - Picture of a baby

Keeping in mind that I had not done any of the above at the time of the board (aside from 1 trip to Vegas), I couldn't believe on what I had accomplished as a result of 'putting out there' what I wanted. I didn't, in my day to day life, think too much about these things - just chose to do things that would help me accomplish things. Right now, I have lots to aspire to and work towards put this gives me piece of mind that I'm on the right track.

Fitness Log:
Thursday - Pole dancing: Finally wore my hair down....for 2mins....:)
Friday (today) - 25min run (645am) 4.5mins run, 1 min walk

No comments:

Post a Comment