Monday, June 14, 2010

I can see clearly now, the schedule's gone....


I can see clearly now, the schedule's gone.
I can see all opportunities in my gaze
Gone are the constant thoughts on my mind
It's gonna be a nice (nice), nice (nice) summer break away...


So, the synchro season has come to a close and immediately I thought "so what now?". I love the pool and coaching and it's like I've moved away from home and am rebuilding my life. Yes, I have planning and meetings throughout the summer but what I don't have is the weekly schedule at the pool. This is hard for me because I don't see the girls on a regular basis. These girls are what fuel my passion. They're energetic, enthusiastic, hormonal and beautiful. Oh how I miss them...

So on my 1st 'official' weekend away from "home", I wanted to fulfill my See it...Try it... lifestyle desires and enjoy myself.
I spent time with the family, held a clothing swap at my parent's house, tried African food, went to the Farmer's market and bought fresh sausages, vegetables, went biking with the fam, saw Sex and the City 2, went swimming with Mike, talked Mike's ear off, talked to a long-time friend and made 'catching up' plans, thought about my best friend and her wedding anniversary, tried Pad Thai (and loved it), organized my house, pole danced (at class), thought about my wedding and wished I was getting married tomorrow and the list goes on.... This weekend was different that the past 8 months but liberating. How awesome is it to have time to chase around a wasp in my house, catch it in a cup and release it back into the world OR to change my answering machine message in hopes to give people a laugh when they call me OR to lay in bed and think about, well....nothing....

I love change (hence the blog format change). To me, change means that you're alive. Change means challenge. Change may mean that you can 'see clearly'. And that's what this schedule change has done - allowed me to see clearly. Removed the clutter in my brain and energized me to do it all over again in September. Yes, it's only been a week away.

Fitness Log
Friday - 10km bike ride with Mike
Saturday - Pole dancing, walk
Sunday - 10+km bike ride
Monday - 50mins of lap swimming with Mike
Tomorrow - Running

No comments:

Post a Comment