Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Long Term Forecast



In a world where illness and personal struggle is on the rise, I know this post is insignificant.  I get it.

Yesterday, I made the mistake of checking the weather forecast for the wedding.  The 14 day trend shows 5 rain droplets on the 28th.  In the weather network world 5 droplets means rain, 3 may mean light showers....  As I was smart (knowing myself) and didn't plan an outdoor wedding adventure - We're ok.   95% is inside and the 5% that is outside would be fun with some umbrella's and smiles:)  So, needless to say - this I can deal with.

I then took a look at the Riveria Maya weather for the week we're there on our honeymoon and low and behold - rain and lightening forecasted for the week.  This I can't deal with!  Mike nonchalantly says "we're going down to relax so we can still do that if it rains".  I would rather a "stop the game" kind of response.  This is not the end of the world (which is supposed to be on Saturday, May 21st when Mike and my stag/stagette's are - how ironic  http://www.queensu.ca/news/media/hottopic/end-world-may-21) but close.  I've been looking forward to our honeymoon since engagement day (Christmas, 2009).  I have imagined myself laying on the beach surrounded by a blanket of warmth, reading a book (never do this), and only having to make a decision of when to eat next.  Oh, and of course spending time with the new hubby! 

As the wedding draws closer - I realize the emphasis that is placed on this 1 day.  It's like Christmas X a million.  Maybe that's why the 'glitches' seem to affect me more than a usual event.  I have become very sensitive to changes in the 'plan'. 

What do you mean we can seat 12 people at a table?  (When I thought you could only have 10)


The cards were supposed to be like..... (insert any color or design here)


How can I manage to get a hairstyle that suits NOW.... (haha - ok this has be overdone)

I think Mother Nature, for the past 2 weeks, has been emulating me with the nonstop rain - Drama Queen!

And as I keep telling myself - no matter what happens on the day - the result is the same, I'll be marrying my best friend.  That's all I need to think about:)

No comments:

Post a Comment