Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flirting with the 30's


T -31 and I'll be.......30

This is my last official month of my 20's - yay me! I love getting older (aside from the fact that I'm 1 step closer to my expiration date) I feel I get better with age...like a fine wine. As I reflect on my last 29 years (picture me sipping a red wine, eating cheese cubes and adjusting my glasses), I am proud of all of my experinces, mistakes and relationships that I've had. What an awesome 29 years it's been!

I'm glad however, to be stepping out of the 20's as the majority of this time I was unsure of myself, unsettled, trying to find 'the one' and struggling to balance the demands of work/family/friends/play. I felt pulled in all directions and didn't know bottom from up. I was unhealthy, stressed (always had joint pain and tension head aches) and anxious. Sounds like fun eh? It was.

So here's a toast my 20's as during this time I:
- quit smoking
- moved into my own apartment
- found my career
- found my husband to be
- learned how to be happy

Cheers to you 20's!


Mike and I have a camping trip to Nova Scotia planned for my 30th birthday/2 year anniversary of us dating. I am looking forward to entering my 30's kayaking, biking, hiking, roasting marshmellows, going to sleep breathing in the damp air, turning off my blackberry for 4 days (well, we'll see...) and enjoying 'nature'. To me, this is the perfect celebration and foreshadowing of my life to come - calm, natural, active, and healthy.

Fast Forward to this date in 2020.

I would like to toast my 30's as during this time I:

- got married
- had a child (ren)
- bought a house
- ran a marathon/triatholon
- travelled overseas

Who know's what the future holds? But I have a feeling it's going to be bright:)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you - esp quitting smoking! I'm also toying with the triathlon planning (must buy bike first to make it official)...

    Very proud of you Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right, 20's are tumultous. congrats on all your wonderful accomplishments, and welcome to the club! xo

    ReplyDelete