Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heart Chi




Yesterday as I was laying on the acupuncturists table, while checking my pulse he states "Your pulse is slow".   "Oh yeah" I respond "What's that supposed to mean?".  "Well, means your Heart Chi is weakened" (as he pounds his chest).

Heart Chi - well that's a new one....

He then begins to check the 'points' for tenderness and I appeared tender all over.  He then asks me "Have you been working out a lot lately?".... I did just put in my 2 best weeks at CrossFit (5x/week).  "Yes".  "Well Stephanie, it shows" (by my pulse rate).  Happy that 'it showed' but concerned about my 'weakened heart chi' I lay there trying to take it all in....

As he began putting the needles in - to some new places - he went on to discuss that my heart is tired.  How depressing.   The 10x of intense CrossFit, coaching full time, pole dancing, working full time, wedding planning, meetings, etc has left my heart tired.  For fertility reasons he says "I got to tone it down".

BALANCE or lack thereof - seems to be a recurring theme in my life.

I knew I was getting to the 'burn out' stage of my year as I have been extremely fatigued (tired heart).  I was going to bed at 9:00pm and getting up at 5:15am still tired.  I would be sluggish through my day.  My patience was compromised.  I have bags under my eyes.  With all of this my muscles have felt much better.  Soreness decreasing, strength I didn't know I had. 

As I arrived home yesterday from my appointment, I was sad.  My heart chi was low, I love the high intensity.  It's addicting.  But in premature ovarian failure recovery (if there is such a thing) it's not as great as I thought.  I risk throwing my cycle completely off if I don't 'tone it down'. 

Thanks Daniel for looking out for me - it was a friendly reminder that I was thankful to get.

So - he's not saying not exercise or do nothing - just switch up the intensity of my workouts and lifestyle.  If I'm going 'full tilt' in my regular life - may not be the best time to do the most classes I've ever done IF I want to reproduce.

I knew I was working hard but didn't realize my 'ticker can't take it'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment