Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Countdown to "I Do"

Yesterday marked 2 months until I say "I DO".  It's hard to believe that I'll be a married woman in less than 60 days.

I've dreamt all my life about being married.  Not the wedding.  In fact, I never visualized the event.  Had no clue as to what 'colors' I'd like or what my dress would look like, really none of the details were visualized - so the process has been interesting for me.

Bought my dress in Vegas - 2nd one I tried on.  Makes it easier when you don't have a 'vision' in mind to try to live up to.

Decided to go with an 'enchanted forest' theme as I saw it in a magazine right after we got engaged.  Visualize trees, flowers,  and of course, touches of bling.  Looks good to me....Check!

Luckily my mom is crafty and so I've left most of the creative vision to her.  Again, helps when you don't have a 'vision' to live up to.  Do you want pink, green?  She'd ask.  Whatever you think looks good Mom...  Might be challenging to her but easy for me:)

What I have visualized is having a husband who's my life partner and best friend.  With Mike I've never had to lower my expectations in our relationship.   In fact, I believe he's exceeded every one.  He's been a best friend to me, he's kept me 'in check', he expects more from me (that I could expect from myself), he pushes me to be 'better'.  He's broke me out of the samey, samey and into the seeittryit lifestyle - which is quite funny as he was used to living samey, samey before meeting me.  Funny how the right 'one' can do that to you...

I can say, with 100% certainty, that he is the right one.  I can't wait to May 29th (day after we're married) to officially start our life together.

Ok, I know, GAG!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment