Saturday, October 30, 2010

156.5lbs



When you look in the mirror what do you see?

Everyday as I get ready, I stand in front of the mirror psyching myself up for the day. I never think too much about how I look or analyse myself. It's really wasting energy, in my opinion. Instead - I think about what I'll do that day and look forward to the little unexpected things that will 'pop up'.

As I got ready for my day on Tuesday - I thought about my doctor's appointment that I had for the afternoon and wondered what it may bring. After discussing my overall health (which is good) my Doc thought that I should finish the physical that we started 3 months ago. Interesting concept. So off I went to the scale for my 'weigh in'.

Recently, I have been noticing my body changing - in a positive way (due to my how my clothing is fitting - looser) so much so that I thought that I better try on my wedding dress to make sure that it still fit. It did.

As I stepped on the scale in the Doc's office - I wasn't sure what I'd hear. Verdict: 156.5lbs. I stood there in amazement as I was certain that I would have been down to somewhere in the 140's as my last weigh in I was 160lbs. I wasn't really discouraged as I am not concerned about weight, nor have I ever been. With this number I am classified in BMI terms at 26.9 as "overweight".

When I look at myself, I'm happy with what I see - Sure, I can lose a few here and there however, I feel healthy, energetic and confident. So I will wear my 156.5lbs proudly and look at it as a positive thing. I'm sure it's 156.5lbs of pure muscle. haha

I found it very interesting that at 160lbs I looked at myself in a different light - I was unhappy, stressed, self concious and lathargic. 3.5lbs lighter I feel fantastic. Goes to show that weight is just a number. It's everything else that matters - nutrition, exercise, lifestyle choices and people you surround yourself with. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment