Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pinch Me!

Pinch me, I must be dreaming....

The start of my married life has been amazing and overwhelming.  It just seems that things have finally come together and I have passed GO on the Monopoly Board and am collecting my dues.

Our wedding was unreal and more importantly FUN.  We danced all night long and I came to learn that my new hubby has moves even I haven't seen before.  A little split action, foot jump through (ask him to demo this one) and hours of sober (for some..hehe) fun.  I didn't think it could be that good.  By the end of the night me and one of my BFF's were 'moshing' on the dance floor to Pink's "Raise Your Glass" while I was in my wedding dress, I thought "This is the life".  Truly celebrating a new beginning.

After our amazing honeymoon to Mexico, Mike and I returned home to a couple of weeks later start looking for our 1st home.  After looking at a few homes - we found 'our' home.  The home buying process is exciting and all new to us.  Contacting this person and that person, getting financing, home insurance, home inspection and the list goes on.  In a mere 3 weeks we will be in our new home.  What a whirlwind!

Mike and I were overwhelmed with our family and friend's generosity - we received some great gifts and financial contributions to our new house and honeymoon.  I can't thank everyone enough!  I hope you all enjoy your Thank You cards that will get to you sometime soon (hopefully - damn postal strike).  One of the gifts we received from a family friend was a time share anywhere we'd like to go.  As going on trips is a hobby now for Mike and I, it seems, we were thrilled!  We chose Orlando, FL and are spending 6 days at the Bonnett Creek resort in FL.  We purchased our plane tickets on points and so we're heading to Florida for $200.00!  We're going down for Mike's birthday in September and hitting up the theme parks and attractions.  Can't wait.

After all of this - I recently found out that I will be heading to the UANA Pan American Championships in Montreal August 17-21st where one of the Naiads Senior Duets (Katie and Bridget Carter) will be representing Canada in the Senior Free Duet category.  This is a huge accomplishment for the Naiads to be selected to compete at an event of this calibre.  We have all worked so hard over the last 10 years to achieve this goal and it's here.  To say it's a 'dream come true' for me is an understatement.  I couldn't be happier!

I've decided to not focus on when this period of awesomeness will end and just savor every minute.  Be grateful for these gifts and not take anything for granted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment