Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Honeymooners - Part Deux

Another amazing Spa visit.  We decided to spend our last night at the Secrets in the Hydrotherapy Circuit (again) and a dinner at my favorite a la carte.  Just when you think your skin can't get any smoother, hair silkier, muscles looser - it happens.  I think on the final day I can honestly say that every ounce of me was relaxed.   What a great feeling.

Our 'last' supper was excellent - I ordered a new york steak with 3 different sides.  The waiter looks at me and says "Ahh big plate".  What are you trying to say Senor? - mind your bizness...  I thought...haha.  I asked for orange juice and what he brought me was a powdered kool aid type deal.  Off of refined sugar for 6 months, I decided to have a couple of 'sips' of this tangy/sweet goodness. 

Special Advisory:  A Sugar Rush DOES exist.  For all of the people that say sugar does not affect your body.  Wrong.

I was on a high, chattering up a storm, I couldn't stop myself.  I had great ideas and conversation with my new husband.  I walked a little faster, little extra sway in my hips.  Ahhh the amazing things that sugar can do.

Sarah & Brad
On my sugar high we retired to our room.  Lying in bed reading and thinking (again, amazing what sugar can do:) )I suddenly hear what sounds to be someone crying.  About 5mins later - I confirm that it, in fact, a girl is crying in the room next to us.  I put down my trashy romance novel and listen.  Not sure why - maybe I would knock on her door to see if she needed help.  For the next hour, Mike and I had front row seats to the Sarah & Brad domestic dispute. 

Sarah:  Why do you think I had to get room service on my own?  You weren't there for me!

Brad:  Sarah, I love you but I'm tired of you acting like a fool when you're drunk! 

Sarah:  You've never made me feel like this before.  Like nothing.  I've never felt so upset.  I'm lying here crying and you don't care!!  (she was, we heard it)

Brad:  F**K you Sarah.  (Brad starts to get belligerent, then head's to the deck for another drink..)

This went on for approx an hour.  I was concocting a plan of how to make it stop.  It was a typical drunken couple argument.  Dramatic, silly and the 2 kept saying the same things over and over...  I finally decided I would call their room and pretend I was the front desk (Why?  not sure - guess it was the sugar).  I was practicing (in my head) my Spanish accent when it FINALLY stopped.  Mike was confident they'd fight themselves to sleep, me... not so much. 

The next morning was going home day.  I was gitty as we hadn't been a married couple on PEI for more than 24hours.  I was ready to come home and had a sugar hangover.  We, both relaxed and rested, were ready for our own food.  The food in Mexico was awesome - everything so flavorful and fresh but we did suffer from the traveler's diareese.  We didn't hold back at any meal and paid for it in the mornings.  We were apprehensive about our plane ride home.  I decided to head to a mexican drugstore (in the airport - not THAT adventurous) to find some Immodium - just in case.  I looked around everywhere to no avail.  Finally asked the guy at the counter for it and in broken english he pulls out a 'no name' package with a mexican label and says "Here take 1".  Mike and I looked at each other with the "Here goes nothing" look and down the hatch the tiny white pills went.  Still not sure what they were but we didn't have any rushed trips to the bathroom on the plane.

We arrived in Moncton at 11:30pm, picked up our car and hit the open road.  I, by this time, was slightly cranky.  I had a case of the back seat driver and so was trying to tell Mike how to drive. 
Screeeechhh!  He pulls over to the side of the highway:

"Do you want to drive" he says in a stern voice

"Yes!" I say with confidence

We switched sides and away I went.  Put the cruise control on and thought to myself Now THIS is how you do it.....

Karma's a bitch.  30mins later I was cross eyed and rubber necking.  Damn!  I thought.  I should have let him drive.  Note:  We had been driving in complete silence at this point.  I turned to him and in a sweet voice say "Do you want to drive?"....  He smiles and shakes his head.  We switch sides and I fight sleeping the whole way back.

All in all it was an amazing honeymoon.  We made lasting memories and so much enjoyed each others company.  I  couldn't have asked for more!  I made the mistake of when asked my name said "Stephanie Gee".  The concierge says "No, no - you're Mrs Chaloner now". That's right Senor, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment