Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Finally Got A Score on 11.4

60.  My score on 11.4

After a scoreless 11.1,2 and 3 - it felt grreeeatt to finally get on the board.  11.4 workout was the following:

AMRAP in 10mins of
60 Bar bell burpees
30 Overhead Squats at 90lbs
10 Muscle Ups

As I knew that I can't do the 90lb overhead squats or muscle ups - I set my goal to do the 60 Burpees.  I emailed a trainer the night before I did the workout to schedule a judge (couldn't go at the normal competition time) and stated my goal to him.  I thought I might as well get it down on paper so that I can't chicken out or give up when the goin' get's tough.

Again, I didn't get to experience the group competition atmosphere as I was the ONLY one doing this workout on this day.  The newbies were learning their skills and I was in the corner sucking wind trying to get the 60 burpees.  I did.  In 8:08mins.  I dragged myself to the nearest bench and then the judge says "get to your overhead squats".  I thought - NO WAY - as it wasn't part of my plan but in true Crossfit style - it ain't over till the time's up!  I lifted a 55lb bar overhead and legs gave out (fatigue) and I crashed to the floor.  The judge encouraged me to go again and this was about the time I started getting pissed.  I got the bar overhead, did 1 1/2 squat, where I then hear him say "lower Steph" and then "30seconds!".  Maybe it was anger, maybe adrenaline but the last one I did I got to full depth.

I was never so happy to hear "TIME!!"

So there, I did it.

MISSING:  Stephanie's Spunk and Vigor
If found, REWARD:  A SMILE :)

I've been struggling lately to find my true self.  I'm lost in a sea of tasks, appointments, meetings and fatigue.  I miss myself - the positive, energetic, happy go lucky, bounce in my step, sway in my hips, person.  I've turned into a tired, bags under the eyes, somewhat touchy, uninspired Stephanie. Boooourns!

I guess months of working nonstop has caught up to me. It happens to me every year though - this year feels worse but that's just probably because I'm here now.  I need some inspiration and sunshine in my life. 
That's it!!  It's probably the lack of bright sunshiny days!  Eureka!

I need to figure out a way to fulfill my workaholic desires AND stay healthy and energetic.... Believe me, I'm not really complaining - just a little.  I love my life and I can say I've been honestly living.  I have the bags to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment