Friday, August 12, 2011

My 1st Anniversary

Yesterday was my 1st anniversary of turning 30.  What is a girl to do when her birthday falls on a work day?  Well let's see:

- I started my day doing what I love - coaching - bright and early.  Great way to start the day

- I then headed to the grocery store to pick up a few snacks and my 'new' favorite munchies.  Cheese, grapes, sushi, the good stuff...:)

- I decided that I needed to have a snack and a rest and so home I went.  I had some cheese and grapes, unbeknownst to me the grapes were a little fuzzy....eeck...Quite a surprise to my taste buds....

- I then suited up and headed to CrossFit.  Having a little energy burst from my rest, I decided to 'push it' in my workout.  Challenged and almost killed myself BUT had a great workout.  Lots of supportive class mates, sense of accomplishment.  CHECK!  Note:  arms still quivering....

- I received a couple of gift certificates for my b'day so I then did something else that I love to do - went shopping.  I bought a few new clothes (never do this anymore) and new makeup.

- I then headed home to get ready for a hair appointment.  Rested, showered, sushi and off I went.

- Got my haircut and left feeling fresh and lighter.  Gotta love a new do. 

After all of this, I then went back home and got ready for work.  12hour night shift on your birthday isn't the most exciting thing but a good night all in all.

Birthday's are always so much fun.  Give yourself permission to rest, relax, and do the things you love.  Although I didn't get to spend time with my hubs, friends or family - I did get to spend time with myself.  And that wasn't too bad:)

1 comment:

  1. that a girl Steph. 'you' are the best present for your birthday. When your happy We are happy. Hope you stopped to smell the flowers too:)

    ReplyDelete